Mumble 1.2.3, the successor of 1.2.2 has been released on 19th February 2011.
List of new features, improvements and bug fixes already in place for the upcoming release.
Improved Voice Activity Detection
Customizable Overlay with FPS counter
It can also display additional useful information like your Framerate (FPS).
Recordingsee our blog for more information).
- Display of the full blown client user interface inside the overlay. On the Windows platform it is fully interactive just like the desktop client. (This feature is EXPERIMENTAL)
- Updated CELT Codec to version 0.11.0 which improves audio quality for low bandwidth settings (CELT changes)
- Optional auto reconnect to last used server
- The client is now able to operate in WASAPI exclusive mode. This drops the latency overhead of the audio output considerably but has the disadvantage that no other application can input/output sound from that device. (see our blog for more information)
- Tons of other bugfixes/changes
Notable changes to Murmur, the server component of Mumble.
- Support for priority speakers / recording
- Logs in Database can be switched off (murmur.ini: "logdays=-1")
- Defaultchannel setting can be applied to registered users (murmur.ini: "rememberchannel=false")
- Ice interface changes:
- getLogLen() function added to retrieve number of log entries
- recording and priority_speaker flag added to user state
- There are now separate Ice secrets for read and write operations