Difference between revisions of "1.2.2"
|Line 56:||Line 56:|
== Improvements ==
== Improvements ==
* Protected local
* Protected local sockets using the '''icesecret.ini''' parameter in the '''murmur.ini''' file; this makes much more secure on a shared-host server without having to use Glacier.
= Future =
= Future =
Revision as of 21:22, 28 January 2010
Mumble 1.2.2, the successor of 1.2.1, is currently in development. To hit the last upload date for the next Ubuntu version we plan to release 1.2.2 somewhere near the end of this month. Everything on the list below already has been completed and will be in the release. It is not yet certain which additional features will be ready to be in a release by the end of this month.
We rely on your testing and feedback to improve Mumble, if you find any bugs in the current stable or in a recent snapshot please report them using our bugtracker. If you think we lack an important feature take a look at the corresponding feature tracker.
List of new features already in place for the upcoming release.
User Information dialog
http://mumble.sourceforge.net/static/user_information_s.png We added a new dialog displaying useful information about other users on the server (e.g. packet loss). Depending on your privileges, you can also inspect the users' certificates and see their IP addresses. Note that the server has to be version 1.2.2 or greater for the client to be able to display this dialog.
- Improved connect speed to large servers with lots of users and comments (needs updated server) through use of local caching of content
- GUI methods of identifying servers that use a trusted certificate
- CELT version bump; possible quality improvements as a result, on certain configurations
- LOTRO, L4D2, and ArmA2 plugins
- Better overlay system on Win32 using the pipe method
- Numerous GUI improvements, including consolidating and reorganizing the main window menus
- Logitech G15 fixes and improvements
- Made friend and server window icons skinnable (emblem-favorite.svg, etc, see Skinning)
- Other small changes here and there
This list contains notable bugs we fixed since the last release.
- server side database upgrade bug (only occured when updating from 1.1.8 directly to 1.2.1)
- Bonjour LAN server discovery and resolving works again
- G15 activation problems
- memory leak on certain configurations
- many other minor fixes
- Protected local Ice sockets using the icesecret.ini parameter in the murmur.ini file; this makes Ice much more secure on a shared-host server without having to use Glacier.
This section takes a peek into the future of Mumble's development. These features are what we would like to implement in future releases. There is no guarantee that we will ever get around implementing them however.
The current overlay texture system is designed for high speed texture transfers in a format that happens to be 60 pixels high. This is no coincidence.
Using H.264 encoding, 80x60 pixels is small enough that we can encode a 15fps video stream with minimal CPU impact. The bitrate will also be low (lower than existing audio streams), and with a bit of filtering the quality is near perfect. We really mean this; what filtering does for the audio quality in Mumble, it will also do for the video quality of the overlay.