Mumble 1.2.2, the successor of 1.2.1, has been released on 9. February 2010. Below there is a list of notable changes in this release compared to its predecessor.
List of new features already in place for the upcoming release.
User Information dialog
http://mumble.sourceforge.net/static/user_information_s.png We added a new dialog displaying useful information about other users on the server (e.g. packet loss). Depending on your privileges, you can also inspect the users' certificates and see their IP addresses. Note that the server has to be version 1.2.2 or greater for the client to be able to display this dialog.
http://mumble.sourceforge.net/static/toolbar_s.png The new release features a toolbar for easy access to commonly used functionality like mute and deafen.
- Improved connect speed to large servers with lots of users and comments (needs updated server) through use of local caching of content
- Replaced user-textures with avatars to make overlay more useful
- GUI methods of identifying servers that use a trusted certificate
- CELT version bump; possible quality improvements as a result, on certain configurations
- LOTRO, L4D2, and ArmA2 plugins
- Better overlay system on Win32 using the pipe method
- Numerous GUI improvements, including consolidating and reorganizing the main window menus
- Logitech G15 fixes and improvements
- Made friend and server window icons skinnable (emblem-favorite.svg, etc, see Skinning)
- Other small changes here and there
This list contains notable bugs we fixed since the last release.
- server side database upgrade bug (only occured when updating from 1.1.8 directly to 1.2.1)
- Bonjour LAN server discovery and resolving works again
- G15 activation problems
- memory leak on certain configurations
- many other minor fixes