These are things that are planned added 'some time in the future'. Please try Mumble out before you comment on any of the ideas below.
If you want to help out with any of the below, great! Be aware that the mumble code is changing all the time, so please drop by the forums and let us know if you want to work on something so we avoid duplicate efforts.
- Functional static version of murmur for as many linux boxes as possible.
- non-MMX mixer support for non-x86 platforms.
- Bug fixing.
- Use new overlay icons in ovelay.
More or less ready ideas. To ship around the time Ubuntu 7.10 comes out, as that means Qt 4.3 is a bit more common on Linuxes.
- SSL support (through QtSslSocket)
- Hashed passwords for murmur.
- Audio Wizard (depends on QWizard)
- Either the new VAD included with Speex, or ability to configure one.
At some point
This would be nice, but not enough time, so contributors wanted
- Example script of how to register a Dbus authenticator which in turns authenticates through phpBB (or some other community database).
- Linked simple ACL support -- DBus authenticators should be able to set temporary group memberships which are NOT saved to database and are only kept on the root channel.
- Skinnable icons, though that might mean we'd have to move skins into a zip file or something. But that would also enable people to include custom background and button textures etc.