These are things that are planned added 'some time in the future'. Please try Mumble out before you comment on any of the ideas below.
If you want to help out with any of the below, great! Be aware that the mumble code is changing all the time, so please drop by the forums and let us know if you want to work on something so we avoid duplicate efforts.
Make SURE you are constantly updating to the latest snapshot of Mumble! Find it here: http://mumble.info/snapshot
TODO for 1.1.8
- This is likely the last 1.1.x release, so make sure it works.
- Qt 4.5 for our "fully packaged" releases.
- Urban Terror Linux overlay.
- Overlay for OSX
- Growl notifications for OSX
- Sounds for events. All the groundwork is done, just UI and config left. .. And writing documentation on how to create the sound files.
- Valgrind run for mumble. It's been a while...
Done list for 1.1.8
- Reduce memory usage of Murmur.
- Start virtual server threads on demand.
- Allow images in the server welcome text.
- Ice RPC now has callbacks for players connecting, disconnecting etc, and you can outsource authentication over Ice.
- Ice is now fully documented.
- You can now add context menu items for players, channels and servers through Ice.
- These have been used to create a sample script to allow user registration through a webpage based on admin requests.
- The Win32 installer is now fully localized.
- Updated positional audio calculation to be easier to understand and give more natural results.
- There's code in place for playing speex samples.
- Notifications when the log isn't visible.
- More examples on how to use Ice.
- Multiple key bindings for shortcuts.
Current snapshot testing focus
There's a ton of changes to Murmur, especially concerning Ice. Please make sure we didn't break it.
TODO for statistics
- Migrate to PDO
- Lookup geocodes of IPs
- Add murmur stats
- Add caching
- Look for fancy pie-like stuff like jgraph, etc