These are things that are planned added 'some time in the future'. Please try Mumble out before you comment on any of the ideas below.
If you want to help out with any of the below, great! Be aware that the mumble code is changing all the time, so please drop by the forums and let us know if you want to work on something so we avoid duplicate efforts.
Make SURE you are constantly updating to the latest snapshot of Mumble! Find it here: http://mumble.info/snapshot
TODO for 1.2.X
- Give logical names to everything in the UI. Skinners currently use names like "groupBox_2", which is a bit error prone when we change the gui.
- Put Qt 4.5 translation comments in more places, to show context of translation message.
TODO for 1.2.0
- <= 10ms audio frames.
- Think real hard about certificates. Maybe just use it as a backdrop for username/pw? (IE; you authenticate with either your uname/pw OR your key). Is a user that forgets their PW likely to not make a security copy of their key (or forget all about it?).
Done for 1.2.0
- Do a version exchange client<=>server. Export over Ice.
- Protocol Buffer based network protocol. Start merging everything into the PlayerState, ChannelState etc packets. The server should wipe fields it doesn't know about.
- Drop packet type etc from UDP, make it use it's own protocol, and have "TCP mode" be a "UDP tunnel packet" message.
- Associative key-based storage DB.
- Allow third-party "key/value" stored.
- Add a "context" for plugins, being a 32-byte array or somesuch. Players need identical context to get positional audio of each other.
- Add a "identity" for plugins, to be transmitted to the server.
- Multichannel echo cancellation.
- G15 for OSX.
Current snapshot testing focus
TODO for statistics
- Migrate to PDO
- Add murmur stats
- Add caching
- Look for fancy pie-like stuff like jgraph, etc