NOTE: This release and version documentation is no longer being updated. Please see our announcements on our blog or our GitHub releases.
The Mumble team has released version 1.2.17 of the Mumble VoIP application. Version 1.2.17 is a bugfix and security release in the stable 1.2-series of Mumble.
This version of Mumble updates our binary packages to use OpenSSL 1.0.2i (from 1.0.1t) due to the OpenSSL Security Advisory 20160922. Other dependencies have also been updated.
Changes in this release
- For our binary packages, OpenSSL has been updated to 1.0.2i (from 1.0.1t) because of OpenSSL Security Advisory 20160922. The binary releases have been updated to use 1.0.2 rather than 1.0.1 because 1.0.2 will be end-of-life at the end of 2016.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Mumble log view to be inacessible after receiving a specially crafted text message.
- The PulseAudio backend will now fall back to default device if the chosen device is no longer present.
- Mumble now explicitly sends plain text notifications to KDE and Freedesktop.org notification endpoints.
- Xbox One controllers are now properly blacklisted from DirectInput on Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
- Xbox button/controller names as shown by Mumble should now be correct for controllers other than the first controller.
For a full changelog, please see the diff between 1.2.16 and 1.2.17 on GitHub.